Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup


Today, instead of traditional Easter Dinner, I'm having chicken noodle soup. I didn't do anything fancy, just used what I had on hand:
6 Chicken drumsticks
Barilla linguine
Frozen mixed veggies
Seasonings - onion powder, garlic powder, coarse ground garlic w/parsley, pepper, goya seasoning packet
Chicken broth (optional)
Water
Large stock pot

This is how I cooked it (I didn't measure anything):
Place chicken in pot and season, cover and put in refrigerator until ready to cook (a few hours)
Remove from refrigerator and cover with water (about 2 inches above chicken)
Bring to a rolling boil then simmer until chicken is done (for legs, 45 mins total. thighs will take longer)
Once chicken is done, add frozen veggies
(At the time pot starts to simmer, begin to boil water to cook pasta. Should take 5 minutes depending on your stove and pot. Add salt to water if you want, I did not)
Add linguine and cook for about 10 minutes
By this time your chicken and veggies should be slowly boiling
Add pasta to pot of chicken and veggies
Once you have it all mixed in, taste broth and decide whether or not you need to add anymore seasonings. I needed more so I added more garlic powder and onion powder. This is also when I decided to add the chicken broth and goya seasoning pack.
Let stand until dinner, or lunch.
I recommend preparing this at least an hour before you want to it
I haven't decided if I'll be having garlic bread or cornbread
Enjoy!
pic taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...