Monday, May 9, 2011

Burgers and a Smoothie!

This is what I cooked for lunch on Saturday. The burgers turned out soo yummy, better than traditional beef. Next time I make them, however, I will be putting them on the grill. I will also be using fresh ingredients, instead of canned. This was just something I came up with from things that I always have on hand. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

For Burgers (makes 3 medium sized):
Ground Pork - 1/2 lb
Ground Chicken - 1/2 lb
Various Seasonings
Bread Crumbs - Approx 4 tbsp, add more if needed

For Summer Salad:
Corn - 14 oz can
Diced Tomatoes - 14 oz can
Diced Pineapple - 20 oz can (half)
Diced Onion (optional)

For Smoothie (makes 3):
Banana
Strawberries
Orange Juice - half cup
Pineapples - 20 oz can (half)
Pineapple Juice
Plain Yogurt - 16 oz
Ice
Milk (optional)
Sugar (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix pork, chicken, seasonings, bread crumbs in a bowl.
Divide into 3 equal parts then cook on top of stove on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Finish in oven for 15 minutes, flip and cook for additional 5 minutes or until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, cook corn until all water is dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, combine pineapples (half 20 oz can), tomatoes, onions, and cooked corn. Set aside and serve at room temperature.

Now for the smoothie:
Combine ice, orange juice, pineapple juice, strawberries and rest of pineapples in a blender. BLEND until all ice is crushed. Add yogurt and banana, MIX. Add more yogurt, or milk, until your desired consistency is reached. Add sugar to taste.
I had my burger plain and it was great that way. I recommend trying it plain before adding any condiments.
Happy cooking!

all photos take by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...